Game of Thrones Wedding Cake
oh yeah lets just have a game of thrones themed wedding
what can possibly go wrong?
A black teenager could have a 200 IQ and find the cure for cancer and white people will still say affirmative action is the reason why they got into college
A white kid could have a 200 IQ and discover the cure for cancer and people will say his alumni daddy is the reason he got into college.
A white person will see a post having nothing to do with them and still find a way to include themselves
"And so, I accept that this is my fatal flaw. I just can’t quite… engage all the way, when I really need to, when it really matters, you know, when the chips are down, so. I guess what I’m saying is that I’m sorry, Gus. I’m sorry that I can’t do goodbyes. I tried so hard to tell you, man. I just… I just suck at the real stuff. But you know that. And you’re gonna be fine. You’re gonna be better than fine. I just can’t help thinking that the only problem that you really had this whole time… is me. And I’ve kept you from the life that you deserve, you know? The life that you’ve earned. The life that you’d have if I hadn’t barged into your office 8 years ago and said ‘We’re gonna play detective! Whether you want to or not!’ … I love you, man."
- I’m loud.
- I’m obnoxious.
- I’m sarcastic.
- I’m cocky.
- I cry easily.
- I have a bad temper.
- I’m easy to get along with.
- I have more enemies than friends.
- I’ve smoked.
- I’ve smoked weed.
- I drink coffee.
- I clean my room daily.
- I wear a piece of jewelry at all times.
- I wear makeup.
- I wear contacts.
- I wear glasses.
- I have braces
- I change my hair colour often
- I straighten my hair often
- I have a piercing
- I have small feet
- I’m in a relationship now.
- I’m single.
- I’m crushin’
- I’m always scared of being hurt.
- An ex has physically abused me at least once.
- I’ve told someone I loved them when I didn’t.
- I’ve told someone I didn’t love them when I did.
- I’ve been in love more than two times.
- I believe in love at first sight.
- I believe lust is more important than love.
- I have a best friend.
- I have at least ten friends.
- I’ve gotten a phone call in the last 48 hours from a friend.
- I’ve beaten up a friend. (This one is actually a funny story. We were wrestling for anger management)
- I’ve been in a serious fight with a friend.
- I’ve been on a plane.
- I’ve been on a train.
- Someone close to me has passed away.
- I’ve taken a taxi.
- I’ve taken a city bus.
- I’ve taken a school bus.
- I’ve gone bungee jumping.
- I’ve made a speech.
- I’ve been in some sort of club.
- I’ve won an award.
- I’ve spent 24 Hours on the computer straight.
- I’ve been in a physical fight.
- I listen to R&B.
- I listen to country.
- I listen to pop.
- I listen to techno.
- I listen to rock.
- I’m one of those people who play songs repeatedly until I hate it.
- I hate the radio.
- I download music.
- I buy CD’s.
- I spend at least six hours a day watching television.
- I watch soap operas daily.
- I’m in love with Days of Our Lives.
- I’ve seen and liked the O.C.
- I’ve seen and liked One Tree Hill.
- I’ve seen and like Americas Next Top Model.
- I’ve seen and like Popular.
- I’ve seen and like 24.
- I’ve seen and liked Criminal Minds
- I’ve seen and like Law & Order: SVU.
- I get along with both of my parents.
- My biological parents are still together.
- I have at least one brother.
- I have at least one sister.
- I have at least one step brother/sister.
- I have at least one half brother/sister.
- I’ve been kicked out of the house.
- I’ve ran away from my home.
- I’ve sworn at my parents.
- I’ve made my parents cry.
- I’ve lied to my parents.
- I’ve lied to my parents about where I am.
- I’ve lied to my parents about what I’m doing.
- I’ve lied to my parents so I’d be allowed out.
- I’ve walked out when I’ve been grounded.
- I’ve been brown.
- I’ve had streaks.
- I’ve cut my hair in the past year.
- I’ve dyed my hair in the past year.
- I’ve been blonde.
- I’ve had black.
- I’ve been red.
- I’ve been light brown.
- I’ve been blue/green.
- I’ve gotten my hair thinned.
- I use conditioner.
- I’ve used silk therapy.
- I’ve used hot oil treatments.
- I’ve curled my hair.
- I’ve straightened my hair.
- I’ve ironed my hair.
- I’ve braided my hair.
- I’ve yelled at a teacher.
- I’ve been suspended.
- I’ve had an in-school suspension.
- I’ve walked out of class.
- I’ve skipped a whole month of one certain class.
- I’ve failed a test.
- I’ve cheated on a test.
- I’ve helped someone else cheat on a test.
- I’ve failed Art.
- I’ve failed P.E.
- I’ve failed math.
- I’ve failed another class
- A teacher has called my parents.
More Macklemore, less Robin Thicke.
And yet a huge percentage of Tumblr hates him. Not trying to be confrontational, but could someone please explain to me why this is?
Because he is a straight white guy and Tumblr isn’t always right.
Yup. A lot of people like to ignore all the good things he does simply because he is part of the privileged. Never mind that he flat out acknowledges this in Same Love. (“I may not be the same, but that’s not important.”)
BLESS YOUR SOULS.
BLESS YOUR FUCKING SOULS.
I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT STAND THAT FUCKING A LOT OF TUMBLR HATES MACKLEMORE.
BECAUSE HONESTLY, HE WAS EVERYTHING THEY WERE COMPLAINING WHITE PEOPLE AREN’T AND NOW THAT THEY GOT A FUCKING ROLEMODEL THEY SUDDENLY COMPLAIN?????? BECAUSE HE’S WHITE?????
Macklemore grew up privileged, yes, but he understands the inequality and the disturbing gap between rich and poor. He has a song called White Privilege:
"Hiphop started off in a block that I’ve never been to
To counter act a struggle that I’ve never even been through
If I think I understand just because I flow too
That means I’m not keeping it true, nope.”
"But as I’m blessed with the privilege, they’re still left with the scars"
AND HAVE YOU HEARD HIS SONG CLAIMING THE CITY???
"I grew up on Capitol Hill,
With two parents and two cars.
They had a beautiful marriage, we even had a swing set in our yard.
My mom didn’t have a job, because my dad made enough money that we could live comfortably and he could support us.
Now, he commute to Tacoma, so we knew we be good.
But then I realized everybody looked just like me in my neighborhood.
I go to school, which was diverse.
But indeed us, I got sandwiches and Capri Suns well my friends ate their free lunch.
It’s crazy trying to look back, cause when I was growing up
I didn’t understand the fact was there’s something called a social status.
And my black friends wanted my financial bracket.
And then my city’s divided,
From neighborhood to neighborhood
We’re polarized but we claim we’re progressive.
The police shoot in the hood but never once in my residence.
As a white person been shot at we’d stopped in a Lexus.
And to think that we have claimed that so much has changed”
OH GOODNESS ME, HE’S SUCH AN ASSHOLE. HE’S SO PRIVILEGED GOD.
HOW ABOUT A WAKE???
"Don’t wanna be that white dude, million man marchin’
Fighting for our freedom that my people stole
Don’t wanna make all my white fans uncomfortable
But you don’t even have a fuckin’ song for radio
Why you out here talkin race, tryin’ to save the fuckin’ globe
Don’t get involved with the causes in mind
White privilege, white guilt, at the same damn time
So we just party like it’s nineteen ninety nine
Celebrate the ignorance while these kids keep dying.”
Tumblr needs to hop down off it’s high fucking horse and instead of turning against a potential role model and ally to all that they’ve been fucking preaching about JUST BECAUSE HE’S PRIVILEGED AND WHITE, maybe make him an icon because he’s not rapping about disrespecting women. He’s making a small change. But because he grew up with a well structured family environment and he was able to afford everything he desired, he’s suddenly the enemy.
Macklemore hate is proof that Tumblr’s brand of militant social justice is just made up of a bunch of people with either a victimization fetish and/or a hateful, angry heart seeking acceptable targets, and they then proceed to poison the people that really just want to do good, ultimately mangling a good cause beyond recognition.
And 99% of people who complain about the first lyric of “Same Love” have never actually listened beyond that. Somebody tells them “The song starts with ‘when i was in the third grade i thought that i was gay’” and they start clutching their pearls because surely the whole song is just some straight dude making lgbtqa rights all about him and how he thinks because he thought he was gay when he was eight he knows all about it. And maybe it’s not the best way to word the beginning of the song, BUT IF YOU ACTUALLY LISTEN OR READ BEYOND THAT it turns out it’s a segue into talking about ridiculous stereotypes and preconceived ideas about sexuality and questioning why someone would think it was a bad idea to be gay in the first place. And then it goes on to discuss the homophobia inherent in the music genre he’s a part of and calling his peers out on slurs and derogatory language and hypocrisy in religion, and it beautifully features Mary fucking Lambert, and goddammit I had trouble driving home when I first heard it in the car because I was fucking crying.
Macklemore is a privileged individual who consistently and vocally acknowledges his privileges and strives to use it to do legitimate good, which is everything Tumblr claims it wants, but as soon as he starts, they scream for him to shut up. Because their need to rage and scream and hate and wallow in willful ignorance is more important to them than seeing actual change take place anywhere in the world.
so glad i came across this post. you have to remember that tumblr :so called “activists” like to comment on anything that seems potentially bad, even if that means over-shadowing great points and progress that a lot of people, both gay and straight have wished for.